Monday, July 18, 2011

Dr. Reed is Customer of the Week




My customer of the week is Dr. Reed, a knowledgeable professor at the Jamestown College, and his happy wife who is also a professor.  Dr. Reed took my bread to the sweet state of Iowa as a gift for his farming family.  This picture was taken on his trip.  Dr. Reed works with my father and has been kind to me since I moved to Jamestown.  I remember when I first saw his big beard and twinkling eyes looking down at me when I was five.
When I read this poem, I think of Dr. Reed and his mighty beard.

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky. 
My piles of books are a mile high. 
How I love them! 
How I need them! 
I’ll have a long beard by the time I read them. 
                                 
 By Arnold Lobel (just the poem--- the rest was written by Mr. Mustache.)

No comments:

Post a Comment