Monday, September 26, 2011

Brown Bread






 Last week, I took some time off to do a few experiments in the bakery and to  work up a new bread.  The new bread is simply called Brown Bread.  It is made with a dark lager beer and tangy buttermilk.  I add whole-wheat flour and bran.  It taste good, and it’s also good for you. It is a smaller loaf than other Mr. Mustache loaves because it is expensive to make.  I live in a family of seven, and we each get one really generous slice from it and then the loaf is almost gone.  Think quality, not quantity.  Too much quantity makes a person unhealthy, but too much quality?  There is no such thing!

This bread is good with soup.  It’s good with a fancy dinner.  Really, just take a loaf and spread it with butter and there’s a sensational meal!
Speaking of butter…………



Brown Bread comes with whipped honey butter.  Honey butter is AMAZING!   I’m having a hard time describing it because nothing I can say does it justice. 
Try it, and you will know what I am talking about.

  The honey butter is chilled in the freezer before I deliver my bread.  You don’t need to worry about rushing home.   It comes in a 2-ounce portion.   It is just enough for this size loaf. 

Brown Bread is based on Irish breads.  It is a different kind of bread than my other breads.  Welcome Mr. Brown Bread to the bakery of Mr. Mustache!

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting with excitement to try the Brown bread. I absolutely LOVE Honey on warm bread. I guess I would have to say any honey, buy especially whipped honey and I always have to put butter on the warm bread. Will be one of my first breads when we get back to ND! Janice M.

    ReplyDelete