Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Story About Bread


 “Face it Cowboy, everybody thinks I’m the best.” Padre strongly states.  With a huff, Cowboy retorts, ”O really!  I was sold and loved before you were even made, Padre.” 
“But haven’t you noticed that I’m the one that gets ordered the most!”  Padre says with a smirk.  Cowboy sneers, “You’re just a knock off of Sourdough Sam.”  Sourdough Sam  considers getting involved in the scuffle, but thinks to himself, “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
 “You’re just jealous, Cowboy, because I’m the perfect bread.  I’m made with an expensive blend of cheeses, including aged Parmesan.  I’m baked in a steamed oven.  I’m refined.  I have European flare.”

 Cowboy says in a harsh tone, “Stop.  Stop.  Stop.  I’m soft and chewy.  You’re hard and rough.  Enough said.”

Mr. Mustache Classic, snuggled up in his afghan, says with a kind old smile, “Children, settle down.  All breads have their advantages and their disadvantages.  We are all loved and respected.  We all have our own unique characteristics, but whole wheat bread is the best.”  



Any of you want to get  involved?  Which is your favorite cheese bread? 

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha . . . have to say . . . Padre with jalapenos is some of the best bread I've ever had - and the whole family agrees! We're partial to the Padre! Though, I must say, I liked him better before I witnessed his prideful, antagonistic attitude . . . :-) BUT, we all have our moments, don't we? Love covers over a multitude of sins. And we do love the Padre! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so long since I have had the pleasure of chewing either one, I would have to have one of each, side by side, warm slices and soft real butter to be allowed to taste each one again. I love both of them toasted with butter and garlic pieces along with a great homemade spagetti sauce this is a non-commital comment from Janice McIntosh ( I don't like arguments!!0

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got a loaf of jalapenos Padre last week. It is Super good. I will be ordering this bread again, for sure.

    ReplyDelete